Until now. (Imagine that in the voice of the guy who announces for the movies)
Announcing the first Wearable 3d Print contest.
The contest runs till the end of February.
The winner will get 50$ from Linkreincarnate(Money Order)
50$ from Makerbot. (Yay Zach!)
50$ from trebuchet03 (in the PP3DP forums)
plus anything else that gets added to the prize pool.
Feel free to Flattr this contest. All proceeds will be given away as prize money.
If we have enough people donate to the pool we may add a second and third place prizes depending on what the people who donate want. People who donate to the prize pool can vote for a winner (or waive that vote for the right to enter the contest yourself). I would rather people donated money but gift cards or actual stuff is fine too. To ensure no one calls foul the people who donate will be responsible for shipping the prize that they donated themselves. I will never have any prize other than the 50$ money order in my possession.
The rules are simple,
- Make something wearable.
- Post your designs on Thingiverse as a Public Domain license with the word Wearable somewhere in the title. Also tag it with wearable so it's easy to find.
- Post your design files.
- Only post stuff that works. (Ie you know it prints and the files are tidy.)
- Also entries must be wearable by a normal person, gnomes and lolcats need not apply.
- Enter as often as you like.
- Feel free to enter past works so long as design files are shared and it is Public Domain.
Guidelines for winners...(you can still win while ignoring the following...)
- The bigger the better.
- Bonus points for 3d printable fabric or snap together type designs.
- Minimal vitamins (including cut filament because not everyone uses 3mm filament now)
- Avoid rings, earrings, and pendants unless it is truly EPIC (There are a lot of them already)
- Try to make something you would actually wear in public. (or a runway) Scale mail is nice but you'll never have a girlfriend while choosing to wear it... not to say that scale mail couldn't win depending on who's doing the voting...